Welcome to Andy’s Brain Book!¶
This book, Andy’s Brain Book, is the ReadTheDocs companion to Andy’s Brain Blog. It is intended for fMRI beginners, with more advanced imaging techniques being added later on. If this is your first time here, watch this video for a quick overview of the website.
This book, Andy’s Brain Book, is intended for fMRI beginners, with more advanced imaging techniques being added later on.
If you are completely new to fMRI analysis, I recommend starting with the installation page. Good luck!
Reading this book is easier with a slightly larger font size; I recommend using a zoom of 125%. You can do this on a Macintosh by holding down the
Command key and pressing
+, or from the browser menu you can click on
View -> Zoom In.
- What is Unix?
- Unix Tutorial #1: Navigating the directory tree
- Unix Tutorial #2: Copying and Removing Files
- Unix Tutorial #3: Reading Text Files
- Unix Tutorial #4: Shells and Path Variables
- Unix Tutorial #5: For-Loops
- Unix Tutorial #6: Conditional Statements
- Unix Tutorial #7: Scripting
- Unix Tutorial #8: The Sed Command
- Unix Tutorial #9: Automating The Analysis
- fMRI Tutorial #1: Downloading the Data
- fMRI Tutorial #2: Overview of The Flanker Task
- fMRI Tutorial #3: Looking at the Data
- fMRI Tutorial #4: Preprocessing
- fMRI Tutorial #5: Statistics and Modeling
- fMRI Tutorial #6: Scripting
- fMRI Tutorial #7: 2nd-Level Analysis
- fMRI Tutorial #8: 3rd-Level Analysis
- fMRI Tutorial #9: ROI Analysis
- fMRI Tutorial #10: Summary
- fMRI Short Course: Appendices
The following modules are under construction. Check back soon for more updates!
This book is under construction. More chapters will be added in the coming weeks; my goal is to have a complete draft of the fMRI Short Course by the first week of June.
4.24.2019: Finished the sections Unix Tutorial #4, fMRI Short Course chapters on smoothing and quality checking FEAT output, and added a playlist covering all of the sections done in the Preprocessing module.
5.06.2019: Added sections to FAQ about resampling, biased analyses, and flipped orientations. Wrote the chapters for the Statistics part of the short course; videos coming soon.
5.25.2019: Finished the Unix Module, and added videos for 2nd and 3rd level analysis in the fMRI short course.
5.31.2019: First draft of the Unix and fMRI courses are complete.
10.14.2019: E-Prime module is complete.
10.16.2019: FreeSurfer module complete.
1.13.2020: SPM written module complete (videos not up yet)
4.13.2020: SPM videos uploaded
5.21.2020: CONN Tutorials complete
12.08.2020: First part of MVPA tutorial complete, from preprocessing to group-level analysis. Later on, will add other statistical analyses, such as prevalence analysis.