What is SPM?
SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) is an fMRI analysis software package that is run in Matlab. In addition to fMRI analysis, SPM contains toolboxes for performing volume-based morphometry and effective connectivity.
The following tutorials will show you how to analyze a sample dataset with SPM. You will begin by learning the fundamentals of fMRI preprocessing, and then proceed to create a statistical model to estimate brain activity in response to different conditions. After learning about group-level results and how to script your analysis, we will finish by learning about different types of group analyses, and how to do region of interest (ROI) analyses.
- Introduction to SPM
- SPM Tutorial #1: Downloading the Data
- SPM Tutorial #2: The Flanker Task
- SPM Tutorial #3: Looking at the Data
- SPM Tutorial #4: Preprocessing
- SPM Tutorial #5: Statistics and Modeling
- SPM Tutorial #6: Scripting
- SPM Tutorial #7: Setting the Origin
- SPM Tutorial #8: Group Analysis
- SPM Intermezzo: Toolboxes
- SPM Tutorial #9: ROI Analysis
- Appendix A: Summary Statistics
- Appendix B: Psychophysiological Interactions (PPI) in SPM
- Appendix C: Parametric Modulation
- Appendix D: DesignOptimization